I got thirsty this afternoon and I thought you might be thirsty too. I’m always here to help!
Pretty soon cucumbers will be abundant in the garden and the farmers markets and who doesn’t love basil. Cucumber basil lemonade, it is!
Nothing fancy or difficult here. Just all you need is a blender and 5 minutes to throw together a simple syrup.
Yummy summer in a glass.
Cucumber Basil Lemonade
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. water
- 1/4 c. basil leaves packed
- 1 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-5-6″ cucumber chopped with seeds removed
- 2 c. water sparkling or still
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, bring the sugar and 2/3 c. water to a boil. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and add the basil leaves. Stir and allow to cool to room temp. When the simple syrup has cooled, strain out the basil leaves.
- Meanwhile, blend the lemon juice and cucumber in a blender until totally pureed. Strain the mixture to remove any pulp.
- In a large pitcher or bottle, combine the basil simple syrup, cucumber/lemon juice, and 2 c. water.
- Serve the lemonade over ice.