Randomly, it took going to a farm at dusk to watch Hocus Pocus to have one of the best pizzas ever.
A few weeks before Halloween, Wellspring Farm in West Bend, Wisconsin posted on Facebook about a Farm Flix & Chill Party. Reading further, I realized the event was all about wood fired pizza and Hocus Pocus. Enough said, I was sold.
We brought Lainie with us and had an absolute ball. In addition to the outdoor movie, there was a small market with fresh produce from the farm, hayrides, and warm bonfire.
The pizzas were made fresh in a wood burning oven and were simply incredible. Our favorite was the “Sweet Heat.” Creamy mozzarella, salty soppressata, and spicy/sweet aioli. Such a great combo I couldn’t wait to get home and try my hand at it.
Two pizzas in, the film started and being surrounded by other families curled up in blankets and camp chairs on a serene farm made for a really memorable night.
I tried re-creating that amazing pizza and got pretty darn close. Hocus Pocus is also currently on our TV. Enjoy!
Soppressata Pizza with Chili Honey Aioli
- 1 pkg pre-made pizza dough
- 1/2 c. pizza sauce (I like Rao's)
- 1 oz. sliced sopressata
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1/2 c. good quality mayonnaise (I like Sir Kensington's)
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. chili with garlic paste
- 2 tsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Press dough into a rough circle on a greased pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Spread sauce evenly and top with sliced sopressata.
- Top with mozzarella slices.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Squeeze a swirl of aioli on top of the pizza, slice, and serve.
- Add all aioli ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a squeeze bottle or a ziploc bag with a small corner cut off.